Aarti Singla MD, MBAFAAPMR, CIME, CLCPMedico-Legal Consultant & Expert Witness
Dr. Singla is Johns Hopkins-trained, dual Board-Certified in Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. She has been in clinical practice for over 14 years. She is licensed in Ohio and Kentucky.
Dr. Singla holds an MBA from Xavier University and is Certified as an Independent Medical Examiner (CIME) and Certified Life Care Planner.
Dr. Singla’s clinical practice is outpatient patient-care, diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain, and injuries and diseases of the Spine, Hip, Knees and Back. Conditions include Back Injuries, Sciatica, Spondylosis (age-related degenerative spine disease), Lumbar Spondylolisthesis, Spinal Stenosis, Neuropathy, Herniated Discs and Pain Management. She is a specialist in Regenerative Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Singla has performed hundreds of non-invasive medical procedures to manage pain including the use of medical devices such as spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulators, nerve blocks, epidural steroid injections, radiofrequency nerve ablations, and facet blocks.
Dr. Singla conducts Independent Medical Examinations and records review in concert with rendering her medicolegal findings. She opines in cases including Medical Malpractice, Medical Negligence, Standard of Care, Occupational Injuries, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Medical Device litigation.
- Medical License, Ohio #35.099799
Medical License, Kentucky #43973
- Board-Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (2009)
- Board-Certified in Pain Management, American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (2012)
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner, ABIME (2021)
- Competency Certified Regenerative Medicine, ASIPP (2019)
- Certified Life Care Planner
- BEACON ORTHOPAEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE. Cincinnati, OH. 2021-Present
Private Practice Physiatrist and Pain Management
- WELLINGTON ORTHOPAEDIC & SPORTS MEDICINE. Cincinnati, OH. 2015-2021
Private Practice Physiatrist and Pain Management
Executive Board Member
Committee Member: Orthobiologics and Spine Committee for Mercy Health
- CLINTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. Wilmington, OH. 2012-November 2014
Medical Director of Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Interventional Spine and Rehabilitation
- PREMIER CARE ORTHOPEDICS. St. Louis, MO. April 2009-November 2010
Private Practice Physiatrist
- Xavier University. Cincinnati, OH. 2014-2015
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- University of Kentucky. Lexington, KY. 2011
ACGME Accredited Fellowship in Anesthesiology Pain Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University. Baltimore, MD. 2005-2008
Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Akron General Medical Center. Akron, OH. 2004-2005
Internship in Internal Medicine.
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. Rootstown, OH. 2004.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH. 2000.
Bachelor of Science (Magna Cum Laude)(Accelerated BS/MD Program), President’s Scholarship and Dean’s List.
- Amol Soin, MD, Srinivas Vuppala, MD, Gregory Surfield, MD, Ricardo Buenoventura, MD, Mark Malinowski, DO, Akash Rajaratnam, BS, Rahul Madan, DVM, Omar Khan, MS, Tammy Dann, DO, Aarti Singla, MD, Alex Escobar, MD, Humam Akbik, MD, Harsh Sachdeva, MD, Yasmeen Soin, JD, Shalini Shah, MD, Rajbir Minhas, MD, and Atul Chandoke, MD. Ohio Response to COVID-19 and Its Impact on Interventional Pain Management Practices. Pain Physician, 2020;23. ISSN 1533-3159.
- Singla, A, Sloan, P. Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen for Pain Management. Journal of Opioid Management. January/February 2013. Pages 71-80.
- Feldman, D, Gonzalez-Fernandez, M, Singla, A, Singh, S, Krabak, BJ. Hip and Pelvis Injuries in Special Populations. Hip and Pelvis Sports Medicine, Springer Publication. Chapter 9. (Review of hip and pelvis injuries in athletes with spinal cord injury, amputations, cerebral palsy and various other conditions).
- Pain Innovation Webinar. Presentation to Primary Care Physicians. Fairfield, OH. May 2020
- Pain Management Webinar. Presentation to the community. Fairfield, OH. May 2020, April 2020
- Innovative Treatments in Orthopaedics. Presentation to the community. Fairfield, OH. December 2019
- Innovative Treatments in Orthopaedics. Presentation to Physical Therapists. West Chester, OH. October 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma in Orthopaedics. Presentation at the Ohio Society for Interventional Pain Physicians. Cincinnati OH. August 2019
- Innovative Treatments in Orthopaedics. Presentation to Primary Care Physicians. Kenwood, OH. May 2019
- PRP for Soft Tissue Injuries. Presentation at the 2019 Ohio and Kentucky Societies of Interventional Pain Physicians. Cincinnati, OH. August 2019
- Regenerative Treatments in Orthopaedics. Presentation to the community. West Chester, OH. April 2019
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Updates. Presentation to the community. Eastgate, OH. April 2019
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Updates. Presentation to the community. Fairfield, OH. March 2019
- Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem Cells in Orthopaedics. Presentation to Physical Therapists. West Chester, OH. December 2018
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulators. Mercy Fairfield Hospital, Primary Care Providers Presentation. Fairfield, OH. August 2018
- Intrathecal Therapies for Cancer Pain Management. University of Kentucky, Grand Rounds. May 2011
- Intrathecal Therapies. Pain Lecture Series, University of Kentucky. April 2011.
- Efficacy of Opioids for Chronic Pain A Review of the Evidence. University of Kentucky, Journal Club. March 2011
- Diabetic Amyotrophy. Pain Lecture Series, University of Kentucky. February 2011
- Low Back Pain: Current Treatments. Indian Medical Council. St. Louis, MO. April 2010
- Lumbar Radiculopathy: Electrodiagnostics and Injections. Missouri Employee Mutual. January 2010
- Low Back Pain: Evaluation and Management. St. Clare’s Hospital Lunch Speaker Series. August 2009
- Chiari Malformation in an Athlete with Complex Concussion. Johns Hopkins University Grand Rounds, June 2008
- Examination and Special Tests of the Painful Wrist and Hand. Good Samaritan Hospital Musculoskeletal Lecture Series. July 2007
- Sciatic Nerve Entrapments and Electrophysiological Findings. Johns Hopkins PM&R Anatomy Lecture Series. May 2007
- Management of Work-Related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Johns Hopkins PM&R Didactics, March 2007
- Spinal Cord Syndromes. Good Samaritan Hospital Spinal Cord Lecture Series, December 2005
- Occipital Neuralgia Diagnosis and Treatment. Good Samaritan Hospital Orthopedics Lecture, August 2005
- Top Doctor 2022 Cincinnati Magazine
- Top Doctor 2019 Cincinnati Magazine
- Top Doctor 2023 Cincinnati Magazine